Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back to work--back to no work.

Ok. So I've been gone from the office for 10 days (not the office of the public ministry, just the room where my desk sits with a phone on it). When I return I find out we have no internet or e-mail. AT&T hasn't a clue and we have to make an appointment to get it fixed. Sr. Pastor is on the phone with them all afternoon and they say they will have to call again tomorrow AM. Very frustrating.

However, I did get the opportunity to visit one of the saints in the Hospital on what might be his final trip there. I felt quite useless until he asked for prayer. We prayed for peace for him as well as the family who are caring for him. God works in mysterious ways and at times when we least expect. The Spirit did all the heavy lifting today. It is God's work, after all. Why we should expect our efforts to matter is really quite silly. Today was God's turn. Maybe tomorrow he'll pass the ball to me. I hope I'm ready if he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment