Monday, September 21, 2009

Encouraging Words--favorite Bible verses

I've been trying to catch up this morning on a daily e-mail devotion our church subscribes to. It's called "e-dibs" (electronic daily bible study). Each one only takes about 8 minutes which is just about the right amount of time for me to take a nugget of scripture and ruminate on it for a while.

Right now Pastor Paul is walking us through 1 Timothy. I'm caught up through Sept. 10th as of this AM and have been blessed by the encouragement that Paul gives to Timothy. I too have had a tough few weeks and so this study comes at just the right time in my life.

My question to you all is this: What scripture verses pick you up or encourage you when you are at a crossroads? What word or words from God do you hang your hat on when you are contemplating the next big crisis in your life?

That's all for now. I hope to post yesterday's sermon tonight. Some thought it was profitable for hearing. Maybe for reading as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment