Monday, October 26, 2009

The Alban Institute - 2009-10-26 Waltzing to the Eternal Rhythms

When a pastor follows the lectionary, its not because he's lazy; he's using an ancient pattern of teaching and preaching which keeps us focused on the Trinity and our relationship to that same Triune God. Alban's weekly article has a very cool spin on this which I haven't heard before where it considers the lectionary as a dance--specificaly, a waltz. As a person of German lineage, my ears perk up when I see the world Walz.

I think this article will help me better prepare myself as I prepare my hearers this upcoming church year to hear the blessings brought to us in each of the three major festivals; Christmas, Easter and Pentecost. Read it for yourself and let me know what you think. The link is below.

The Alban Institute - 2009-10-26 Waltzing to the Eternal Rhythms: "Waltzing to the Eternal Rhythms"

No comments:

Post a Comment