Monday, December 23, 2013

5 Reasons Millennials Stay Connected to Church - Barna Group

5 Reasons Millennials Stay Connected to Church - Barna Group

As the father of a Millennial who is struggling with the Church, this really interests me.  Moreover, I had the opportunity to recently conduct a memorial service for a Millennial which was attended, largely, by Millennials and it opened my eyes to just how differently they see things than my generation ( Gen. X).

As I conducted the service, I was caught off guard by the the fact that none of them seemed to know the liturgy, nor sang the hymns.  The church was full, yet the Lord's Prayer was little more than a mumble.  They weren't hostile, just seemed to not know what was going on.  Afterward, many of them expressed their appreciation for the service, and I think it was helpful for many of them.  But my eyes were opened to just how foreign our traditional expressions of worship and faith are to this group of young people who are quickly ceasing to remain part of the fabric of the Body of Christ.

So, Church, the question is, what are we willing to do bring Jesus to them, because they simply aren't coming to Jesus any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment