Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sound advice from Proverbs and a friend.

A friend from my childhood wrote this today. I thought it was worth sharing.

Facebook Michael Fisher: 28 July 2009 Proverbs 26:15: "28 July 2009 Proverbs 26:15"
Today at 12:40pm

“The sluggard buries his hand in the dish; he is too lazy to bring it back to his mouth”

This isn’t about food. There are many references to food in the Bible that is not food as we think of it. Jesus said, “I am the bread of life” The food here isn’t feeding the body – it’s about feeding the spirit.
In church we talk about feeding the spirit with the word. Jesus also said that man does not live by bread alone (physical bread.) We need the bread of life to live – we need Jesus to be spiritually alive.
This passage is about me. I’ve been striving to get better but I backslide too. There are times I get weary and just stick myself in church, or listen to a sermon half heartedly…it’s just like sticking my hand in the dish, and being too lazy to bring it back to my mouth.

Prayer: Thank you Father for the hard times that make me hungry for you. Thank you for your Word that tells me the truth about my situation, the truth that shows me why I am suffering, that shows me the way out of it and toward you. Father I pray for wisdom, but if I can’t have that or if when I foolishly reject it or become lazy then I pray for hardship that starves me and draws me closer to You. In Jesus name I pray, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment