Tuesday, July 28, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog that is the question!

Ok, so it seems that everyone who is cool, hip, and with it has one of these blog things. Is it a necessary thing to do if one is to be taken seriously in accademia, or is it just becuase its a neat thing to do?

I wondered what the whole facination was with facebook, then, when my daughter turned 14 and wanted her own page, I signed up so I could keep tabs on her. Well, its one year later, and lets just say I know way too much about my high school classmates and they of me, now that I have over 250 "friends" and 38 people in my mafia family. My FriendsWheel takes forever to draw now.

I'm thinking, however that this could be a great source for sermon fodder, ministry ideas, or just plain, cathartic, venting.

Until I figure out how this works, this will have to be the extent of my first blog.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think it's really fair for you to get comments on your first day...as a new blogger you should have to listen to the crickets chirp after each post for awhile. I guess as a pastor, you probably already know the feeling. Anyway, you shall have at least 1 subscriber. I look forward to reading your entries. :)

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just because I'm not commenting doesn't mean I'm not reading. It turns out it takes longer to read a sermon than to sit in church and listen to one!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete